RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Intro: Don Smith - Sony Artisan, Landscape, Sports Photographer and Educator

DonSmith

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Don Smith and I have been a professional sports and landscape photographer for the past 40+ years of my career. I started working for newspapers as a general photojournalist then gravitated towards sports where I worked for publications such as Sports Illustrated and Inside Sports Magazine. I spent 28 years as co-team photographer with the San Jose Sharks and as a contract photographer for the NBA. All the while, landscape photography was my other passion and I eventually started teaching workshops with former Artisan @Gary Hart 15 years ago. I now teach around the world and now dedicate 100% of my my time towards this passion. Both my sports and landscape work is represented by Getty Images. I'm excited to be a part of these forums and I am willing to share my many years of knowledge. Times have changed dramatically but one constant remains - great imagery.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...