RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

One lens, One Year

Educopilot

The #FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS is on my camera 75% of the time as it is and I'm very comfortable working with that lens in just about any situation. That said, if forced to just use a single lens for a year, I might go with the #FE 24mm F1.4 GM  . I think it would train me to get closer to the subjects and also force me to get creative and literally "see" in that perspective. 

#FE 24mm F1.4 GM (SEL24F14GM) is one of my favorites for video. It's perfection on a gimbal!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choice would have the be the Sony 14mm f/1.8 GM. I purchased it for my night work but I find myself using it when I have a close foreground that extends to infinity. Most lenses perform best stopped-down for astro work but I don't hesitate shooting this lens wide open - tack sharp!

So true, and I love the sharpness even in the corners. Great lens for interior work and is a dream on light gimbals.

I would go with my 55mm 1.8. It is one of the early Sony lenses, but i still think it is one of the sharpest. And i love the small size - when photographing indigenous cultures i like have a small lens that does not intimidate my subjects.

The 55mm is an OG lens that still has so much value. It's also built like a tank!

• 1 month later...