RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What do you use for fun?

monicasigmon

I just purchased the #Alpha 7C (a7C) to keep on me for "fun" when we're traveling. So far, it's great. Here's what I'm wondering...while I don’t love carrying around the bigger bodies when I'm in a city someplace (Like NYC next week, for example), I DO love the weight in my hand as I'm shooting and I still use the viewfinder much more than the LCD. With the A7c, I'm being intentional about using the LCD and thinking of it like what I'm used to using a cell phone. Oh, and I also have the nifty #ZV-1 that I totally underutilize! 

How do you guys like to travel for fun? Do you bring the "big guns" or do you take advantage of the small Sony powerhouses? I'm always panicking as I pack at the last minute and would love to hear your thoughts!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too use the Sony a7c for my everyday walk around camera. I also use the compact lenses with it, i really like the 40mm. it seems to work for me when traversing New York.

Ok, good to know! I have the compact #FE 40mm F2.5 G and I just bought the compact #FE 24mm F2.8 G ... I'm excited to use them next week! Do you use your a7c for video also?

My trusty #RX100 III is always in my bag, and my #Xperia 1 II in my pocket - so already ready for something.

Gotta agree with @CarolineJensen on the RX-1 cameras - just a ton of fun to shoot with:

719i8F87A7ACFA9C1719.thumb.jpg.6fd6bf24cdeb44989b1735b11e51c46f.jpg

But... here's one you won't expect 🙂 The #RX0 and #RX0 II are more fun than a kitten! Candid portrait with RX0 - not a problem!

718i960F83B6B7394705.thumb.jpg.3a2b0870c80284aa877c09546c48c869.jpg

My trusty #RX100 III is always in my bag, and my #Xperia 1 II in my pocket - so already ready for something.

Gotta agree with @CarolineJensen on the RX-1 cameras - just a ton of fun to shoot with:

719i8F87A7ACFA9C1719.thumb.jpg.9a9b0b0fbb51ed6836ee3ee42633364e.jpg

But... here's one you won't expect 🙂 The #RX0 and #RX0 II are more fun than a kitten! Candid portrait with RX0 - not a problem!

718i960F83B6B7394705.thumb.jpg.0d2ecd933e4ef2849599e0a9d7c1bf09.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing!! I definitely need to break out my RX0ii more!

Ok, good to know! I have the compact #FE 40mm F2.5 G and I just bought the compact #FE 24mm F2.8 G ... I'm excited to use them next week! Do you use your a7c for video also?

No I haven't used the Sony a7c for video yet, I will give it a try at some point. I know it is a favorite camera of Bob Kirst for video.