RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

A7rV - Record RAW to Slot 1 and JPG to Slot 2?

mdolan

On my A7r IV, I was able to record RAW files to media recording Slot 1, and JPG files to media recording Slot 2. Then I had one card with all RAW files and the other card with all JPG files. I would set video recording to Slot 1 and used my best, highest capacity SD card in Slot 1. I have a CFExpress Type A card in Slot 1 and a SD Card in Slot 2 if it matters.

With my new A7r V, I cannot seem to split RAW and JPG onto different Slots anymore. Is that the case or am I just failing to understand the new menu system and options under Media Settings?

The official Sony help manual sheds no light on this subject...

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2230/v1/en/contents/TP0003057060.html

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @mdolan,

I was also curious about the same. I just found your post and have gone through the help guide that you have shared and was able to split the RAW and JPEG.

Here are the steps that I have followed:

1. MENU  s_menu_stil_mov.png (Shooting) → [Media]  [cE662.pngRec. Media Settings]  [cE381.pngRecording Media] → desired setting.
  2. Once you are here select the first option for Recording media(with camera option) for images and set it to Sort recording.
  3. Then select 'OK' and then select 'Image quality settings' in the menu screen of step 1 and select your desired options for Slot 1 and Slot 2. 
In a way you have helped me solve my issue. Let me know if this has helped

Thank you!