RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Introduction: Matt Zuro - Wildlife and Sports Photographer

Zurotography

Hi all! Found this forum a few weeks ago and now that I have a little bit of free time on my hands, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Matthew Zuro and I'm a sports and wildlife photographer based out of Chicago, Illinois. Mainly shoot for the Chicago Dogs in Rosemont, IL during the summer and fill-in whenever a friend needs some help for an event in the off-season. Otherwise, I'm basically out daily exploring the Great Lakes looking for any avian creature to photograph. It'd be awesome to eventually work with Sony in some way possible in the future, maybe as an Artisan. 👀

I bounce between gear quite often, but always have at least one #Alpha 1 (Alpha1) in the rotation, along with a couple staple lenses like the #FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS and #FE 600mm F4 GM. Recently, I have taken quite the liking to the #FE 50mm F1.2 GM and plan on making that a permanent keeper with the teleprimes... it's just too good! Planning to add the RV to the arsenal here soon, just need some Adobe support before I pull the trigger.

First impressions so far, I'm quite surprised as the lack of bird imagery on this forum as Facebook is completely loaded with Sony shooters and birds! Maybe I can be the change.. 

I look forward to posting and seeing additional posts from current and new members in the coming months. If you're at all curious, you can find me on Instagram at @Zurotography.

998i6BC20E95F0CED093.thumb.jpg.6de808715101bce57d581c2040bb1c67.jpg1000i83AAAAB1B100C582.thumb.jpg.87160e5090a68154d46e25dc71a4a238.jpg1002iF485CE2014F4EA1A.thumb.jpg.c832f320d365636381b68f3eb2823ce0.jpg1001iA997815D74F8567B.thumb.jpg.44c96722ba2f7f3365f6fbcc3d334a65.jpg1003i9F8EB0C6D6B10FC3.thumb.jpg.5081860358eacd874062998e97da2498.jpg1004i0D1EC3888DF95D08.thumb.jpg.edfa40af52dcec0a11d2e397c5454759.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful work! Owls are always tough to find or at least hard to find and get quality photos. The a1 and the 600mm are definitely my go-to for wildlife. Amazing combo! 

If you ever find yourself in the Tampa, FL area let me know. There are some great bird photography spots around here. 

Beautiful work! Owls are always tough to find or at least hard to find and get quality photos. The a1 and the 600mm are definitely my go-to for wildlife. Amazing combo! 

If you ever find yourself in the Tampa, FL area let me know. There are some great bird photography spots around here. 

Thanks, Matt! I love the A1+600 combo to death. It has seen some things over the time of ownership! 😄

I appreciate the help! I might be down there at some point this spring, unsure of where we want to trip yet. Texas, Arizona, Florida, who knows. 🤯 I know Fort De Soto is wild down there!

Love these shots! I'm working on improving my bird photography - I've got a lot to learn! If you could only choose one telephoto, which would you pick?

Thank you! If I had to choose between the 400 or 600, I'd definitely go with the 600. More often than not you're wanting the 840mm range and the 1.4TC is wonderful attached to the 600. The 400 can get the job done with the 2x but you definitely notice the loss in quality and even some autofocus performance. If you're looking for something between the 2-6G, 1-4GM, or the Sigma and Tamron offerings, I'd definitely go with the 2-6G. It's an excellent lens for the price. I've debated buying another one to have in my bag as a just in case, tbh. 🤔

Thanks, Matt! I love the A1+600 combo to death. It has seen some things over the time of ownership! 😄

I appreciate the help! I might be down there at some point this spring, unsure of where we want to trip yet. Texas, Arizona, Florida, who knows. 🤯 I know Fort De Soto is wild down there!

Yeah, Desoto is amazing. And there's a great eagle photography boat tour you can take 2 hours north of Tampa (dvwildlife.com). By far the best eagle photos I've ever shot. Feel free to reach out when the time comes.