RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Astrophotography, nostalgia and friends

RidleyScottFan

Nostalgia from the moon, or how I found a memory of happiness in the mountains.

1054iF5F2FF6BABA917FD.thumb.jpg.ecde6400052c72fa1334f66cf40d5147.jpg

Yep, that's the title of my last image ๐Ÿ˜….

It's a photo that I had in my mind for quite a few months, and even though it is not exactly as I wanted it to be, I'm really happy with the result.

ย 

A homage, a tribute, a love letter to my friends, whom I miss with all my being after a year in the northern hemisphere.

We did a similar photo in a distant little spot on the countryside last year, in Argentina.

Under a 4 am moonlight, we did a portrait of us with the arch of the milky way behind us, in one of the coldest nights we've been trough.

In theory was our last astronomy hang out, but we ended up going out 3 more times, enjoying coffee and stars alike, like we always used to.

Everyone knew that me and my family had to go in december, so, it was a very strange mix of feelings.

After a full year in Europe, I'm certain about a lot of things, and one of those is that I miss them tremendously.

The idea for this photo came, precisely, from the portrait we did together.

Every light represents their spirit, their friendship, and more importantly, their support to me and my family. Without them, I would have gone crazy a long time ago...

ย 

A combination of 27 single images at F 2, 3.2 sec and ISO 3200.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images