RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Cheers from soggy Southern BC (left coast of Canada)

ST

Hi All!

New to photography - at this point, not quite five months in.

I'm out for two to three hours every day - mainly on the same patch of beach and environmentally protected area*, and decided to get into photography. I had an A7C with the 28-60 mm kit lens for about a week but switched that up for the A7 IV with a FE 24–105 mm F4 G OSS. That's been great company on my daily walks and a lot of fun. (*Southern coast of BC, Canada)

In September, I got Capture One, and that was a new experience.

In November, I got the FE PZ 16–35 mm F4 G to do some environmental portraits and some video (not vlogging, although I understand it's good for that too).  Wow - that lens compels you to get in close to the action. It's also intriguing to explore landscapes through the wide-angle perspective.

For the last month or so, I've been frustrated with the 105 end of the 24-105. There are lots of birds, and well - they often feel out of reach. Spring is coming, and there will be plenty to see, so after a lot of hand-wringing over the 100-400 GM or the 70-200 GM II, I picked up the 70-200 GM II five days ago. I had planned to get a 2X teleconverter too, but it looks like they are out of stock everywhere.

Here are a couple of shots from the first outing with the newest lens.

1465i62CBC19FAE55FC5F.thumb.jpg.f2262d4d45d22085c62f3b512b7cd357.jpg1466i971A935044F4BC53.thumb.jpg.7fa3757182a8a42cceb988953fccef04.jpg

Oh - there's so much to learn!

Thanks for having me.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images