RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Self-photo

AlphaBaruch

I’ve been shooting Sony for 3 years and for the 1st time I tried to take a “Selfie” with my A7R5. Specifically, I had to take a passport renewal photo. I had my camera on a tripod and used the 10-second timer, but I discovered that I wasn’t able to use tracking, even in continuous mode. Isn’t there a way to accomplish eye-focus on myself without using a remote shutter?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, that is not possible without an additional remote trigger. Directly from the camera, you can see the focus and composition before it starts the count. I suggest you download imaging edge app for selfie shots. Many people use their phones to achieve that, others prefer a tablet to see everything in a larger window.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, that is not possible without an additional remote trigger. Directly from the camera, you can see the focus and composition before it starts the count. I suggest you download imaging edge app for selfie shots. Many people use their phones to achieve that, others prefer a tablet to see everything in a larger window.

Thank you!

• Like 1