RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

This is your year. Go make your filmmaker dreams happen.

Loquellano007

Hi, My name is Raphael. East coast based photo/filmmaker. I do brand photography for companies and marketing campaigns.

I began my journey as someone who just loved being the observer. I watched countless videos of creatives from YouTube, Vimeo and of talent from local hometown take stunning photos. The ones that told stories with their captures were the ones that really got me inspired, a good sum of whom I realized were part of the sony collective after meeting a few at sony creative space in NY.  I finally had the courage to start in 2016 with an a6000, then upgraded to the 6300. In between then and 2019, I went from A7rii to A7iii. Now to 2023, I use the Fx3 and A7iv as my workhorse team. They are the most essential gear that deliver for my workflow. I share this to say that you too can do what I did. Build a business and enjoy the process. They aren't built over night but over time it will come together. It's only when we act, make goals and create that we see those dreams begin to take shape. I now do content creation full time and my gear help me tell the stories and capture the moments of people pursuing their dreams in the fields they love. If you're like me, an observer. I encourage you to not just be that but to join the pursuit. Go make the film, the series, the photos that you've always dreamed of. This is your year and for those who have been doing it, keep going! 

Would love to hear how some of you guys started, your gear, your why's. Learning about the gear is nice as we all have the gear buying tick but honestly, meeting the talent that comes with this career has been one of the most rewarding parts of being a filmmaker. Thank you for your time.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic