RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

How Many of You Would Like to See Sony Enter the Consumer Drone Photography/Video Market?

DonSmith

I realize Sony has the professional Airpeak S1 drone available, but how many of you would like to see them take on DJI and offer less-expensive consumer drones? With Sony's sensor and lens technology I think it would be a welcome addition. What do you think?

I'd love to see this happen as an owner of two drones at present.  The Airpeak is awesome but I can't afford that machine and don't need all it has to offer.  I'd love to see Sony enter this space with their typical technology, innovation, and trajectory.

I wasn't aware Sony had a drone! Though I would like to see them partner with DJI instead. Currently, DJI partners with Hasselblad. From what I read before, Hasselblad's medium format camera was Sony's 100MP sensor. Though I'm not sure if the Hasselblad camera/sensor on the DJI drone is manufactured by Sony already.

Edited by TrekRover
Typo