RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Self portrait Setup

Drew_Geraci

What's your go-to setup for taking self portraits and how you compose your shot(s)?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What's your go-to setup for taking self portraits? Do you use an external monitor to view yourself? Do you use your cell phone?

• Camera + Blindly clicking (No monitor)
    • Camera + Flip monitor/LCD
    • Camera + 7"-32" Screen (External monitor)
    • Telepathy

I've been trying to find the best and most efficient way to do self-portraits and I'm wondering what everyone else is doing.

My current setup is studio based, 3-4 lights (Aputure 300DII / 600C's), my Sony A1/A7RV, 50mm 1.2GM, and a 32" monitor for viewing via HDMI. 

Would love to know what YOUR workflow is! 

Could contain: Baseball Cap, Cap, Hat, Face, Head, Person, Smile, Photography, Portrait, Man

• Like 2

I was considering doing one, however I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in studio gear. I normally don't do portraiture.

In the past I would just use a tripod and use the imaging edge app to shoot as a remote and monitor. Once I have the relative head position right, id just look up at the lens and blindly press the shutter on the app.

@Drew_Geraci Do you use any reflectors/softboxes for your lights? 

• Like 1