RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Share a picture from your favorite place!

alpha-jessica-a

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!  Haven't been here long but I figured this might be a great place to start.  I have several "favorite" places I've been to and photographed and I'm finding more favorite places every time I head out in my RV.  But I always come home to my little paradise here in Florida.  So for now while I'm here again for awhile, here is my favorite place taken outside my patio door:

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Landscape, Scenery, Sunset, Sunrise, Land, Vegetation, Lake

• Like 3

Hi everyone! 

My husband and I went to Big Sur, California, for my birthday this year. We have been planning a lot of camping adventures, but military schedules can get in the way. We were so happy we were able to make this one happen. It was beautiful, and we felt so at peace, especially because we had limited connectivity, so we had time to unwind and enjoy nature. It will always be one of my favorite places and trips because it was the start of many adventures. Here are two photos from Big Sur. I wanted to share a not-so-typical photo like McWay Falls or the bridge, and I usually pair these together.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Sky, Shoreline, Coast, Promontory, Rock, Horizon

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Landscape, Scenery, Cloud, Vegetation, Silhouette, Wilderness, Mountain Range

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is probably strange to say that my favorite place is a Superfund site, but here we are. The Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn is such a strange, wonderful, misunderstood, forgotten and at the same time hyped-up place. I'm on the board of the local canoe club, and I love that we get to take people who live in the middle of the city out on the water. There's just something special about seeing the urban environment from a human powered vessel. Plus, the sunsets on the water are pretty great. Constant weather changes, shooting from a moving canoe and dodging tugboats make it an always interesting place to photograph! (If any Alpha members would like to paddle with me, I'd love to take you!)

Could contain: City, Water, Waterfront, Urban, Building, Cityscape, Canal, Outdoors, Office Building, Fortress

Could contain: Boat, Canoe, Canoeing, Person, Vehicle, Water, Water Sports, Adult, Female, Woman

Could contain: Water, Waterfront, Canoe, Canoeing, Person, Child, Female, Girl, Adult, Man

• Like 1

alpha-jessica-a
This post was recognized by alpha-jessica-a!

"Gorgeous!"

Joey-Austin was awarded 10 points.

We used to have this beautiful place in Austin for people to come together and express their art on the walls, it was a great place for taking pictures, and the beauty of it it's always changing so you will never take the same picture twice, and then they closed it

Could contain: Art, Person, Painting, Graffiti

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:23 PM, TrekRover said:

This is beautiful! I need to use my 200-600 more for compositions like these! 

Hi, @TrekRover

Thank you.

Here's a photo from the same spot at 600 mm, moments later (not cropped).

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunrise, Sunset, Tree, Sun, Vegetation, Landscape, Scenery

Sony ILCE-1 with FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS 
600 mm f/6.3 1/3200 sec ISO 100 EXP-2

And for easy comparison, here is the photo I posted earlier.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunrise, Sunset, Scenery, Sun, Landscape, Cloud, Horizon

Sony ILC-1 FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS  
200 mm  f/5.6  1/2500 sec  ISO 100  EXP-2

Which do you prefer: 200 mm or 600 mm?

Edited by ST
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ST said:

Hi, @TrekRover

Thank you.

Here's a photo from the same spot at 600 mm, moments later (not cropped).

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunrise, Sunset, Tree, Sun, Vegetation, Landscape, Scenery

Sony ILCE-1 with FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS 
600 mm f/6.3 1/3200 sec ISO 100 EXP-2

And for easy comparison, here is the photo I posted earlier.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunrise, Sunset, Scenery, Sun, Landscape, Cloud, Horizon

Sony ILC-1 FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS  
200 mm  f/5.6  1/2500 sec  ISO 100  EXP-2

Which do you prefer: 200 mm or 600 mm?

wow these are both gorgeous! I like them both!! Hmmm... but if I had to choose, I prefer the 600mm by a slight margin. the composition is great and the deep vibrant shade of red/orange. I like the 200mm because of the layers of color

• Like 1

alpha-jessica-a
This post was recognized by alpha-jessica-a!

"Beautiful!"

N.Rhd was awarded 10 points.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Boat, Sailboat, Sun, Sunrise, Sunset, Sunlight, WaterfrontCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Boat, Sailboat, Sun, Sunrise, Sunset, Sunlight, SceneryOne of my most beloved places on earth are the netherlands with their huge lakes and hundreds of canals where you can just relax and take in the beautiful landscapes while sailing along with the wind.

• Like 2