RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What is your photography editing style?

CarolineJensen

I have TWO. I know, I know...consistency, but I have two and I won't budge. 😂 I have cheerful Caroline and dark and moody Caroline. I like both for different reasons. The light and colorful is fun for uplifting bright and airy rooms (I make art for short term rentals and they often want bright colors); while the dark and moody are perfect for a more elegant space. 

Cheerful Caroline 

DSC00002-Edit.thumb.jpg.b3a5a086ca0cf5c8b4e0734413a25708.jpg

Dark and Moody Caroline 

Could contain: Flower, Flower Arrangement, Flower Bouquet, Plant, Pattern, Art, Floral Design, Graphics, Rose, Ikebana

Edited by CarolineJensen
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CarolineJensen said:

I have TWO. I know, I know...consistency, but I have two and I won't budge. 😂 I have cheerful Caroline and dark and moody Caroline. I like both for different reasons. The light and colorful is fun for uplifting bright and airy rooms (I make art for short term rentals and they often want bright colors); while the dark and moody are perfect for a more elegant space. 

Cheerful Caroline 

Dark and Moody Caroline 

Could contain: Flower, Flower Arrangement, Flower Bouquet, Plant, Pattern, Art, Floral Design, Graphics, Rose, Ikebana

These are beautiful!😍

I'm still looking for mine. Since I'm shooting different genres, it is difficult to narrow them down. I've recently created a number of style presets to tweak and find what I like. But each light leads me in a different direction too. I guess I'm adapting to light, time of the year and subject matter.

I'll come back when I'm 95% sure.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 1:41 AM, LensBrew said:

I'm still looking for mine. Since I'm shooting different genres, it is difficult to narrow them down. I've recently created a number of style presets to tweak and find what I like. But each light leads me in a different direction too. I guess I'm adapting to light, time of the year and subject matter.

I'll come back when I'm 95% sure.

Honestly, working with light will really challenge the diversity of your images and do nothing but good things for your work! Flowing with the light and putting your mark on it is a goal for every photographer. I’m definitely not rigid in my style as our mark in our work really is this essence that underpins each image, beyond the superficial style. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 8:31 PM, CarolineJensen said:

Honestly, working with light will really challenge the diversity of your images and do nothing but good things for your work! Flowing with the light and putting your mark on it is a goal for every photographer. I’m definitely not rigid in my style as our mark in our work really is this essence that underpins each image, beyond the superficial style. 

It is tough and unique as a challenge. I kind of set a goal to where my style would land in the future. I guess I'm similar to many when I saw I want it to look filmic. But I want it to fuse with classical painting styles.

I need specialized photoshop workshops to achieve the latter as a step towards my final style.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 7:55 AM, CarolineJensen said:

Cheerful Caroline 

Dark and Moody Caroline 

I really like the moody style more. Kind of in a similar problem as you. For outdoor portraits I usually like shooting with the sun as it makes good contrast and interesting shots but in studio I love the black and low key looks as I can control the light

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 7:45 PM, John T said:

I really like the moody style more. Kind of in a similar problem as you. For outdoor portraits I usually like shooting with the sun as it makes good contrast and interesting shots but in studio I love the black and low key looks as I can control the light

Yep, I am right there with you!