RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Jump to content
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Show us your landscape images!


bmcdonough

Recommended Posts

I love landscape photography - it is such a joy to see how people make different meaning of different places. I'd love to see one of your favorite landscape photos you took! Here's one of mine, it's a fairly traditional image but it makes me happy 😊

Could contain: Tree, Nature, Outdoors, Wilderness, Lake, Fir, Land, Vegetation, Scenery, Sky

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2023 at 7:42 PM, CanisDirus said:

Took this he other day...if you don't think it is processed...see an optometrist.😃

Still...I think it is pretty...scaled down from 61MB JPEG (ouch) to something more manageable.

 

 

Could contain: Jungle, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Vegetation, Tree, Land, Rainforest, Woodland, Tree Trunk

This is beautiful! I love that it's a sea of green, but you can still make out such interesting details all across the shot. What are your post-processing steps? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TrekRover said:

The detailed ice cracks of a glacier in Svalbard. If you look closely, you can see a polar bear! 😄

Could contain: Glacier, Ice, Mountain, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery

Wow, this is beautiful! What gear did you use to get this shot? Were you in a kayak? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bmcdonough said:

This is beautiful! I love that it's a sea of green, but you can still make out such interesting details all across the shot. What are your post-processing steps? 

The image was processed via Lightroom Classic.  Then I use some NIK custom presets I have played around with.

I have tried the Adobe presets and they are...okay...but the control you get with NIK makes having that program very desirable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CanisDirus oh interesting! I don't often use presets, sometimes I take a look at the Adobe ones to get ideas and see what sliders they are leaning into most. But I did recently learn from a photographer I admire that she purchased some presets as a jumping off point - I should probably start using them more... they would certainly save me time with my post processing! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2023 at 7:32 AM, bmcdonough said:

Wow, this is beautiful! What gear did you use to get this shot? Were you in a kayak? 

I don't have my photo handy to reference the EXIF at the moment. It was either the a1 or the a7RIV I remember leaving 1 of them on the ship to transfer photos 😅 it was shot with the 70-200mm f/2.8 lens I wasn't really prepared for this scenery because that day I didn't think we would encounter any other polar bears....😂 I shot this from an inflatable zodiac motor boat. So not quite as sharp as I was hoping to get.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot @bmcdonough Here in Chile autumn is in the April-May season.
In the south of Chile, in the Araucanía region, it is very beautiful, there are many lands with native forests still, in the middle of valleys and mountains.I look forward to fall 2024
Here is a video I made in the fall of 2022.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, Peter Guardiola said:

Thanks a lot @bmcdonough Here in Chile autumn is in the April-May season.
In the south of Chile, in the Araucanía region, it is very beautiful, there are many lands with native forests still, in the middle of valleys and mountains.I look forward to fall 2024
Here is a video I made in the fall of 2022.

Wow, stunning! I can't wait to see more of your work! 😊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2023 at 9:01 PM, John T said:

Mt.Fuji with the pagoda shot. I think alot of us have seen this online but I managed to stick around for sunset and a little afterwards.

This is beautiful! Sticking around for sunset clearly paid off. I love the strong foreground, middle ground, and background

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been researching quite a lot lately some mountains here in Italy where I've been living for the last two years, and last saturday I decided to finally climb up to a hill at 3100 mts.
There is a tunnel inside of it, that starts in Italy and you get out in France.
It's pretty amazing.
While walking, I decided to bring my a7III with a vintage lens, a 44 Helios, totally manual, and even broken down piece of lens, but it gave me some amazing images, and, oh yes, I just LOVED how light the combo was. And also, been using a "preset", let's say, on my camera, so I can shoot in Black and white and see everything this way. It's so much fun honestly.
I'm still trying to find the right balance between a good wide angle lens that I can also use for astro, but without breaking the bank, and also, it has to be a light one...

Could contain: Mountain, Mountain Range, Nature, Outdoors, Peak, Rock

Could contain: Mountain, Mountain Range, Nature, Outdoors, Peak, Weather, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Scenery

Could contain: Cup, Beverage, Coffee, Coffee Cup, Pottery

Edited by RidleyScottFan
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Angkor Wat (/ˌæŋkɔːr ˈwɒt/; Khmer: អង្គរវត្ត, "City/Capital of Temples") is a temple complex in Cambodia, located on a site measuring 162.6 hectares (1,626,000 m2; 402 acres). The Guinness World Records considers it as the largest religious structure in the world. Originally constructed as a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu for the Khmer Empire by King Suryavarman II during the 12th century, it was gradually transformed into a Buddhist temple towards the end of the century; as such, it is also described as a "Hindu-Buddhist" temple.

Could contain: Architecture, Building, Angkor Wat, Landmark

Could contain: Architecture, Building, Angkor Wat, Landmark

DSC04090.jpg

DSC03902-Enhanced-NR.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2023 at 3:48 PM, RidleyScottFan said:

While walking, I decided to bring my a7III with a vintage lens, a 44 Helios, totally manual, and even broken down piece of lens, but it gave me some amazing images, and, oh yes, I just LOVED how light the combo was. And also, been using a "preset", let's say, on my camera, so I can shoot in Black and white and see everything this way. It's so much fun honestly.
I'm still trying to find the right balance between a good wide angle lens that I can also use for astro, but without breaking the bank, and also, it has to be a light one...

I love how these turned out! I think there's something so special about shooting in b&w deliberately. The soft quality here really makes the b&w even dreamier. How much are you doing in the way of post processing? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...