RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Showcase Your Sports Photography Masterpieces

Soorya Kiran

To kickstart this topic, I am excited to share a couple of my own shots taken at the iconic Sharjah Cricket Stadium, using Sony A7IV with FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS, FE 50mm F1.8.

Alishan Sharafu, UAE International Cricketer plays one through the covers for a boundary - Sony A7IV + FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS

image.thumb.jpeg.3a5f3f922920f4fa67b1de22c7c13af1.jpeg

Khalid Shah, International Franchise Cricketer(Abu Dhabi T10, Zim-Afro T-10) glides through the cover point region - Sony A7IV + FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS

Could contain: Person, Cricket, Sport, Playing Cricket

Funky Leg-Spinner CP Rizwan, Former UAE International team captain takes his stride - Sony A7IV + FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Cricket, Sport, Ball, Baseball, Baseball (Ball), Playing Cricket

Hazrat Luqman, UAE International Cricketer in action - Sony A7IV + FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS

image.thumb.jpeg.62350f7557130ad437d42083b31dc373.jpeg

Mark Deyal, Sharjah Warriors Cricketer warming up before the center wicket practice - Sony A7IV + FE 50mm F1.8

Could contain: Baseball (Ball), Adult, Female, Person, Woman, Male, Man, Head, Face, Cricket

Former Indian Cricketer Robin Uthappa flaunts his perfect technique while playing a front foot defense under the eyes - Sony A7IV + FE 50mm F1.8

image.thumb.jpeg.091ffc42cc631627a0158d745a413bd7.jpeg

Former South African Cricketer Imran Tahir mastering his googlies - Sony A7IV + FE 50mm F1.8

image.thumb.jpeg.64ec467ff1ad38aa58142e44c4cbc09f.jpeg

Upcoming Superstar Saim Ayub, Pakistan International Cricket scoops one over the short fine during his center wicket practice - Sony A7IV + FE 50mm F1.8

Could contain: Glove, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Helmet, Baseball (Ball), Cricket, Playing Cricket, Face

Could contain: Glove, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Helmet, Baseball (Ball), Cricket, Playing Cricket, Face

• Like 2

@bmcdonough Absolutely, I couldn't agree more! Jean's article was truly captivating, and as a sports content creator, I can totally relate to her experiences. The way she delves into storytelling and how she approaches each game with the goal of capturing a unique story, whether it's about a player, a team, or any aspect of the game, resonates deeply with my own approach. Just like Jean, many sports photographers strive to convey a narrative and capture the emotions that unfold during these moments. It's inspiring to see how her insights align with the way many of us in the field think about our work.

Edited by Soorya Kiran
  • Like 3

@Soorya Kiran I love that! It's so similar to what I try to do with nature and conservation photography. I am fascinated with how one type of photography can inform another... I hadn't thought about sports photography a lot but after reading Jean's piece and seeing your shots, it makes me think about new ways to incorporate storytelling 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, bmcdonough said:

These are great shots! I was just reading this article about Jean Fruth. I am not a sports photographer but I was really interested in how she talked about storytelling. And how she thinks about a story at each game - a player, team or whatever. Do you all do that? 

Jean is such a great person. I've had the chance to hang out with her during MLB playoffs the past several years and it is always a pleasure. Here we are crammed in next to each other, back in 2018, on the right side of this photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BonOqghnKa8/

As for sports photos, my profile here is all sports stuff: https://alphauniverse.com/member/#/kevinmcox/

• Like 2