RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Live AMA with Matt Hernandez

alpha-jessica-a

I am all about loyalty. How do you offer photos without feeling like you are trying to steal business or step on toes? A franchise does our kids soccer team. I still feel bad but not as bad as if someone local was doing it. This is part of the business I need to work on. Getting business without encroaching.

Pricing is my second hardest struggle. no doubt about that. My wife and many others think I need to charge more, especially being I have switched to full time.

How do you do pricing for multiple people on one team? Is it a flat rate for time or cost per person/individual package?

Ok when I shoot teams I sell packages to the parents. Thats how I make money for those…unless its a special circumstance like a high school football team wanting a “media day” shoot for their social media. In that case, charge the team or their booster club. Figure out your hourly rate and try and

I am all about loyalty. How do you offer photos without feeling like you are trying to steal business or step on toes? A franchise does our kids soccer team. I still feel bad but not as bad as if someone local was doing it. This is part of the business I need to work on. Getting business without encroaching.

I charge 400.00 for 30 minutes and deliver 15-20 photos and try and book as many as people in one day as possible. If I get 10 or more in a day I'll lower it to 375-350 just an FYI

How do you do pricing for multiple people on one team? Is it a flat rate for time or cost per person/individual package?

Are you already there for team/individual traditional photos or just the unique photos

School media days are different and that caries. 400 is for the mini session

varies*

Wow, yeah. Even though I am not a pro in this genre yet I am undercharging. Thank you!

Welcome

How long is your typical athletic shoot? How do you go about a senior that wants an athletic session and a causal session?

For a senior that wants both, it could be up to 3 hours. Sometimes we have to split them up into two days if they play more than one sport, but I usually try to do it in one. A typical shoot for a sports specific senior if thats all we are doing is 1.5-2 hours