RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Live AMA with Matt Hernandez

alpha-jessica-a

I see that you mentioned presets in a response. Do you sell actions or presets?

Ahhhh the million dollar question. No, I don’t currently sell them. Why? Because I feel like 95% of the presets I have bought over the years for LR or CO dont work haha. I dont ever want to not give someone their money’s worth so that is a hard topic for me. I want to sell them, but that holds me back.

How do you capture an athlete in motion without it looking weird?

My best tip for that is very similar to any other portraits…you have to get them to relax and talk to them so they dont think about the fact they are getting their photo taken. Research the sport ahead of time so you know what types of movements you want them to try, then when they do them in the shoot have

What gear do you have?

I dont have any experience with the A7IV, but I did test out the A7R4 before I got the 5 and it was a great camera! I think they actually have the same sensor. The AF is AI based in the 5 so it is really good. The R4 also uses the old menu system.

How frequently are you compositing? Is that something you offer regularly or is it a special thing?

I use to do it all the time when I first started. Now I don’t nearly as much unless its for sports senior banners. I do from time to time for special projects, like Star Wars pictures of my wife or kids haha. Other than the banners, not a ton.

Are there any alternatives to a more solid program using AI other than PS (Beta)? I mostly use light room for post but have been tinkering with Beta because its the only program I know thats available

If its for creating backgrounds etc, I dont have anything else besides PS. I have seen a few out there but havent tried them yet.

Are there any alternatives to a more solid program using AI other than PS (Beta)? I mostly use light room for post but have been tinkering with Beta because its the only program I know thats available

Replacing grass that doesn't quite match, Adding lights to stadium light that wasn't turned on ..Easy stuff