RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

It's a sharp thistle, in more ways than one!

CarolineJensen

Ok, so I only had my hands on the new a7CR for about three hours and flowers were scarce on the mountain at Kando, but I did find a thistle. 😂This has me rethinking my love affair with my a7R5. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my a7R5 and have shot with it everyday for over a year, BUT I shoot one handed all. the. time. I hold a flash with the other hand and the CR is substantially smaller and lighter. If you want all the resolution and a small package, you might want this camera. My carpal tunnel is begging me to sell something to get this one. 🙂

Could contain:

• Like 2

On 9/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, CarolineJensen said:

Ok, so I only had my hands on the new a7CR for about three hours and flowers were scarce on the mountain at Kando, but I did find a thistle. 😂This has me rethinking my love affair with my a7R5. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my a7R5 and have shot with it everyday for over a year, BUT I shoot one handed all. the. time. I hold a flash with the other hand and the CR is substantially smaller and lighter. If you want all the resolution and a small package, you might want this camera. My carpal tunnel is begging me to sell something to get this one. 🙂

Could contain:

Thanks, Caroline.

Although I'm not in the market for a new camera body right now (waiting for the successor for the A1), I've looked closely at the specifications for the A7RV and A7CR and wondered why anyone would choose the A7CR over the A7RV.  The difference in size and weight were immaterial to me since, most days, I'm carrying the A1 with the FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS and A7IV with FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II or FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS.
I appreciate the insight into your different use case.  Thank you.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:29 AM, ST said:

Thanks, Caroline.

Although I'm not in the market for a new camera body right now (waiting for the successor for the A1), I've looked closely at the specifications for the A7RV and A7CR and wondered why anyone would choose the A7CR over the A7RV.  The difference in size and weight were immaterial to me since, most days, I'm carrying the A1 with the FE 200–600 mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS and A7IV with FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II or FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS.
I appreciate the insight into your different use case.  Thank you.

The biggest for me is the weight issue. I shoot one handed so often, my carpal tunnel appreciates a lighter set up. I think the a7rc would be great for a traveler who popped that and one or two primes in their purse. 

• Like 1