RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Share Your Favorite ‘Grandscape’ Challenge

alpha-stormy

We want to see your “Grandscapes.” Share your larger-than-life landscape photographs with the community, and tell us about the place and how you made the image.

Every photo you share tells a unique story about our world. Take this chance to show us the amazing places you’ve visited, like stunning mountains, peaceful lakes, lush forests, and expansive deserts.
Whether your photographic journey has led you through the familiar terrain of your hometown or taken you on epic adventures across the globe, show the community photos that feel “epic,” and let’s explore these places together, one image at a time.

You can share your grandscape by replying to this thread with your work, and don’t forget to tell us all about it. We want to know where you were and how you captured your larger-than-life piece.

• Like 2

I love this challenge! Though it does make me realize how little I take landscape images 😅 I think my trips to Jackson, WY how the best grandsacpe moment - I haven't spent a ton of time out west and I was in awe of the mountains. In this image I knew I wanted to put the sage in the front of the frame to add some texture. Then the treeline leads to the mountains which i liked. I also liked the splash of yellow, hinting at fall. 

Could contain: Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Wilderness, Mountain, Mountain Range, Conifer, Vegetation, Scenery

• Like 5

I went back through some of my winter shots and this one is my favorite! I took this by my neighbors house in the middle of winter. It was one of those days when it had thawed a little the day prior, then we got fresh snow and the snow settled just right on the branches so it makes the trees look like they're made of ice. Winter's here in Minnesota can be long and arduous, but it's days like this that make you stick around. 

Could contain: Tree, Landscape, Nature, Outdoors, Vegetation, Scenery, Grove, Woodland, Weather, Ice

• Like 5

I shot this last Wednesday night at sunset in the Valley of Fire out in Nevada.  I shot this with the new Sony a7CR with the FE16-35mm f/4G PZ lens, which I found to be the perfect pair for landscapes.  I can't wait to go back there in February of 2024 to host a workshop under a full moon!!!

Day3VOF_PMR069.JPG

• Like 5

alpha-jessica-a
This post was recognized by alpha-jessica-a!

"Gorgeous!"

My Flying Eyes was awarded 10 points.

It was September 16th in Mono Lake, California and around 815pm The Milky Way started to be visible. so I tried this Milky Way Panorama, doing some light Painting on the main Tufa which was right in front of my camera. I took a total of 26 pictures in 3 rows capturing the entire milky way arch.  I started at 8.26 pm and finished at 8.44 pm. The Camera I used is my Sony A7IV with the Sony 20mm F1.8 lens. A great choice for Milky Way Photography. That was my First of 4 milky way pictures of the night plus a Milky Way time lapse I took with my other camera. I hope you enjoy it!!!

Settings were F1.8, ISO 3200 SS 13".

I edited in Lightroom and Photoshop. 

Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Sky, Landscape, Scenery, Panoramic, Nebula, Starry Sky, Milky Way

• Like 9

alpha-jessica-a

"Gorgeous image, makes me want to visit there!"

Prchlajz was awarded 10 points.

Hi everyone!

I want to share this picture with you all. I was  on a trip with my fiancee in Austria. We wanted to visit some beautiful lake and we´ve found this place - Vorderer Langbathsee and this beautiful litle cottage in the middle of nowhere. That was breathtaking place, like you can sit there for hours.. It was a place, where you hope you will spend here your last years on this planet, relaxed. ☺️

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Pond, Water, Tree, Fir, Hut, Vegetation, Lake, Scenery

Edited by Prchlajz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
alpha-jessica-a

"Stunning!"

TrekRover was awarded 10 points.

I took these photos from a hot-air balloon in Egypt near the Valley of Kings in Luxor, Egypt. I got up early around 4 am to catch a boat ride and head to the launch site for the hot-air balloons. I was drowsy at first, but my excitement and adrenaline wiped that away quickly. I knew I only had one shot at this opportunity, so I was feeling a bit anxious as to whether I would be able to capture the sunrise light and do the scenery justice.

Could contain: Balloon, Landscape, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Tree, Palm Tree, Aircraft, Hot Air Balloon, Vehicle

It's a bit of a surreal feeling to be there in the moment as the sun rises and the sky begins to brighten and you see a mist/fog cover the sugar cane fields. It was surprising to me as I'd imagine there would have been none considering how dry Egypt is.

Could contain: Balloon, Palm Tree, Tree, Aircraft, Vehicle, Hot Air Balloon, Building, Cityscape, Summer, OutdoorsNot going to lie, I was worried my hot air balloon was going to crash! The wind blew my balloon towards the local village and the balloon driver managed to elevate the balloon in time as the bottom of the basket scraped across the roof top of one of the buildings. However despite that, it is a bit indescribable to see all the shades of color from the balloons, the sky, and the buildings.

Could contain: Landscape, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Balloon, Aircraft, Transportation, Vehicle

It is so fascinating to see how stark the difference in the land. I wanted to capture the contrast of the rich fertile sugar cane lands surrounding the Nile and the stark, dry, barren land of the Sahara Dessert.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hy everyone!

I share with you this Huge Grandscape in Amalfi Coast. It was Shrove Tuesday, and make photos with carnival show in Maiori, At some point i look the sky make a beautiful colors. So decide to stop the reportage and make a huge phanoramic photos. i'll become a "human tripod" and In totaly we made 64 photos with my a7RIV and 35 GM, all vertical's, at f5, asa 160, and 1/400 SS. The moment to fear is during the alignment, lasted almost 20 minutes. but at ending is a big succecsfull. So the alignment using lightroom but for post production used Capture One 23.  after one hour i'll create many variants but finally i choise this version. I hope so like my Grandscape🙏

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Landscape, Rock, Scenery, Sea, Water, Beach, Person

• Like 6

Hello everyone!

I took this photo in a country full of Grandscapes - South Africa. This image is from the Solms Delta wine farm in Franschhoek. It was an early morning in July, chilly and very quiet with few visitors at the farm. I loved the "working farm" look of this vineyard compared to some of the more manicured ones. I shot it with a Sony A7R 2 and a Sony 70-300mm lens (which I don't see too often but still like to travel with for its portable size and good images). 

Could contain: Vegetation, Nature, Wilderness, Mountain Range, Scenery, Tree, Land, Woodland, Landscape, Peak

• Like 1

• alpha-jessica-a unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I took this long exposure photo on a recent Cape Breton Highlands National Park trip. I used my tripod, ND filter, Sony A7 III, and FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM lens. This day had odd weather patterns, from rain to snow to sun, all within moments. There was a narrow gap on the horizon with few clouds, so I set up my gear and put on my rubber boots, anticipating a sky rich in colour, and I was not disappointed. The sky lit up with magnificent clouds full of colour. As the tide came in, I stood in the cold water, splashed by each crashing wave, trying to capture that perfect smoke effect from the water on the rocks. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Scenery, Horizon, Landscape, Sunrise, Sea, Beach, Rock

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...