RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Share Your Favorite Blue Hour Photo Challenge!

alpha-stormy

Blue hour is an enchanting period, often occurring just before sunrise and after sunset, providing photographers with a canvas filled with soft, diffused light. We want to see your blue hour photography that looks just like magic. 

The creative possibilities are endless. As the day transitions into night, the sky bathes in a mesmerizing blue hue, making it the perfect canvas for photographers to craft their masterpieces. Cityscapes come alive with the interplay of artificial and natural light, while bridges and their intricate designs become works of art against the twilight sky. Reflections on calm waters offer enchanting mirror-like vistas, and silhouettes against the vivid horizon create striking contrasts. Whether it's urban exploration, portraiture, or the serene beauty of coastal landscapes, blue hour lends its unique charm to each subject. 

Share your vision of the magic of twilight with your blue hour photos and share how you captured it.

• Like 2

Ah, a new term (to me), the blue hour. I like it.
I'm out wandering around before dawn often. That was why I got the FE 50mm F1.2 GM. I could have gotten the FE 50mm 1.4 GM, but I wanted every bit of light possible.

These are American Widgeons just taking off as I walked by. It was 6:57 a.m. and raining when I took this.  Sunrise was to follow at 8:01, but it was obscured by the clouds.

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Flying, Water, Waterfront, Flock, Seagull, Waterfowl, Outdoors, Nature

ILCE-1 FE 50mm F1.2 GM 
50 mm f/1.2 1/500 sec ISO 1600 

I took this at 7:17 a.m. the same morning.

Could contain: Outdoors, Scenery, Vegetation, Land, Beach, Sea, Tree, Wood, Soil, Landscape

ILCE-1 FE 50mm F1.2 GM 
50 mm f/1.2 1/500 sec ISO 640 

This was taken a day or two before at 7:38 a.m., about 20 minutes before sunrise.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Landscape, Sky, Lake, Water, Panoramic, Sea

ILCE-7M4 FE 50mm F1.2 GM 
50 mm f/1.2 1/25 sec ISO 400 

A few days earlier, at 6:58 a.m. Sunrise, obscured by the clouds, was to follow about an hour later.Could contain: Boat, Transportation, Vehicle, Person, Yacht, Boating, Leisure Activities, Sport, Water, Water Sports ILCE-1 FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II  
200 mm f/2.8 1/500 sec ISO 3200 

• Like 1