RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

What do you print for your walls? Share your fave wall prints here!

CarolineJensen

I am always interested in what other photographers put on their walls. Do you put family images? Pictures made by other photographers? Art from the store? What is on YOUR walls? Share below! 

I just ordered this image HUGE. 🙂 I am actually testing it on a tapestry and I am going to use liquid starch to apply it as a wall mural, which is a trick I learned moving a million times. I used to 'wallpaper' rentals by soaking fabric in starch and using a squeegee to apply like wallpaper. It dries and looks like wallpaper, but peels off really easy and you just wash the fabric and use again later. We will see if this works! If anyone knows a source for cotton tapestries in the USA I would be grateful. So far, I have only found poly and I am not sure how well it will work. 

Could contain: Flower, Flower Arrangement, Plant, Flower Bouquet, Art, Floral Design, Graphics, Pattern, Rose

• Like 6

Wow I'm imagining this on a tapestry and it is stunning!! I have a lot of images from other photographers I admire (and a couple of my own). Mostly wildlife and nature photographers. My mentor Dave Showalter takes incredible landscapes and I have this one of his in the place of honor above my fireplace: 

Could contain: Plant, Vegetation, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Grass

• Like 4

23 hours ago, bmcdonough said:

Wow I'm imagining this on a tapestry and it is stunning!! I have a lot of images from other photographers I admire (and a couple of my own). Mostly wildlife and nature photographers. My mentor Dave Showalter takes incredible landscapes and I have this one of his in the place of honor above my fireplace: 

Could contain: Plant, Vegetation, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Grass

This is gorgeous!! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TrekRover said:

I've only done 2 prints so far. A ~5'x3' and a small 12"x12". I would like to do more prints but not enough space.

The big one was when I went to Paradise Bay, Antarctica and the small one is of the chinstrap penguin and chick.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Ice, Landscape, Mountain, Glacier, Boat, Panoramic, Peak

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Penguin, Beak

How adorable! I know what you mean. I have very little wall space in my house! My studio has a bit more, but my house is all doors and windows! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 1:44 PM, CarolineJensen said:

These are so timeless! 

Thank you! This is what I was going for and I'm glad it worked.

I'm going back next week and want to get those subjects at golden hour (sunrise). By the way, the second one is a vertical panorama with 5 images.

19 hours ago, aquabluedreams.com said:

The office ego wall.  Inexpensive canvas prints so I can rotate them out.  Old ones I put a note on our condo message board, "free in game room" and so far they have all been picked up.

Could contain: Art, Painting, Art Gallery

That's a cool idea! I have SO many from a gallery show I did in 2014 and many are duplicates. I should put them out in my Vrbo! 

I had a few concert photos printed on Hahnenmühle photorag 308 paper. They show some famous musicians like saxophone player Maceo Parker or the singer LP.

In general, I think prints on premium paper are something special.

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Performer, Solo Performance, Musical Instrument, Face, Saxophone, Musician

Could contain: Electrical Device, Microphone, Performer, Person, Solo Performance, Concert, Crowd, Face, Head

• Like 2

I have an assortment of different things! I have several prints from other photographers, Eliot Erwitt, Robert Capa, Eli Reed and more from the Magnum square print sales. Alfred Stieglitz, Natalie Fobes, Pete McBride and more. Plus some of my own, mostly landscapes or pictures of my daughter, like these

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Mountain, Water, Eruption, Geyser, Volcano

Could contain: Grove, Land, Tree, Vegetation, Woodland, Soil, Wilderness, Walking, Portrait, Rainforest

• Like 2

On 1/5/2024 at 3:43 PM, chrib said:

I had a few concert photos printed on Hahnenmühle photorag 308 paper. They show some famous musicians like saxophone player Maceo Parker or the singer LP.

In general, I think prints on premium paper are something special.

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Performer, Solo Performance, Musical Instrument, Face, Saxophone, Musician

Could contain: Electrical Device, Microphone, Performer, Person, Solo Performance, Concert, Crowd, Face, Head

NICE! I love those papers too...so rich!

On 1/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, tonygale said:

I have an assortment of different things! I have several prints from other photographers, Eliot Erwitt, Robert Capa, Eli Reed and more from the Magnum square print sales. Alfred Stieglitz, Natalie Fobes, Pete McBride and more. Plus some of my own, mostly landscapes or pictures of my daughter, like these

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Mountain, Water, Eruption, Geyser, Volcano

Could contain: Grove, Land, Tree, Vegetation, Woodland, Soil, Wilderness, Walking, Portrait, Rainforest

It sounds like you have quite the gallery!  Your baby is growing up so fast!!! She's so adorable!

• Like 1