RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Live AMA with Niah Aldrich

We have questions Niah! I can't wait to hear all about your favorite lighting setups! 1 light, 3 lights? Hard, soft... How you modify them, etc

Great question my favorite lighting set up is actually a 1 light set up with a giant 7ft umbrella silver parabolic with a diffusion sock. I love it because it's a big giant light source that just throws soft light everywhere!

• Like 4

NIAH what’s got you inspired lately?

I have been really inspired by clothing lately. Been thrifting a lot this week, and have been picking some crazy patterned textiles. I hope to play more and incorporate some of that into some new work!

• Like 2

We have questions Niah! I can't wait to hear all about your favorite lighting setups! 1 light, 3 lights? Hard, soft... How you modify them, etc

Nice! I've yet to shoot with anything larger than 47"... time to get BIG modifiers haha

Why do you love color so much?

Growing up I LOVED to color, and always went for the bright neon sharpies. If you remember Lisa Frank she is the queen of color my idol with the rainbow leopard, tigers, unicorns, cats, and puppies stationary! When I grew up I just moved that love into my work with the crazy colors, and patterns!

• Like 3

I would love to hear about how your plan for utilizing colors in your sessions. The colors in your images are always so harmonious, I would love to hear about the planning process!

Trial and error! But no I think you just start seeing it and getting better as you go! I took a lot of color theory classes at northwest college where i went to school for commercial photography. At first it was really challenging because it was in WY and everything is dead and no color.

• Like 4

I would love to hear about how your plan for utilizing colors in your sessions. The colors in your images are always so harmonious, I would love to hear about the planning process!

i think this really challenged me, and made me really look for it! Now I see color schemes everywhere like monochromatic, complementary , triadic etc.

• Like 3