RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Live AMA with Niah Aldrich

Can you talk about gear? What’s your favorite setup / What is it about Sony in particular that you like?

My favorite set up for studio is my Sony A7IV paired with my Sony 24-70GM II that usually never leaves my camera body. I like being close and capturing some wide angles at the 22/35mm and than some mid to close up shots with less distortion on the 50mm/70mm.

Can you talk about gear? What’s your favorite setup / What is it about Sony in particular that you like?

For events I'm shooting with two Sony A7Iv's one on each hip with the 24-70 gm II & the Sony 70-200 gm II with this set up i'm able to quickly get a close shot or be able to zoom across the location to ensure i'm not missing a key moment. If it's a super small event than i'll have a 24-70 and a 35gm 1.4

For my outdoor shoots I shoot with my Sony A7iV and primarily the 50gm 1.2 and 35gm 1.4 i love being able to capture more of the environment with with the 35, and the 50 get that nice creamy bokeh but still be close to my subject.