RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Live AMA with Niah Aldrich

Hi

πŸ‘‹ I love your work! Any advice for up and coming photographers. I really want to be a full time photographer but having a hard time generating leads without paying for a lead based service.

Hello! Thank you so much for hopping on! My biggest advice is to shoot as much as you can even if that's new things. Try it all! Find your niche whether that's portraits, food, travel, landscape, and network network network!

• Like 1

Hi

πŸ‘‹ I love your work! Any advice for up and coming photographers. I really want to be a full time photographer but having a hard time generating leads without paying for a lead based service.

Don’t be afraid to try new things with your editing style as mine has changed dramatically through the years.

• Like 1

Hi

Word of mouth is such a powerful thing. If you know the direction you want to go (say family portraits) then ask a family friend β€œhey can I capture your family for free or for a discounted rate

• Like 1

Hi

in exchange if you love the photos it would be great if you could write a review/make a fb post and tag me with the photos. Get your name in peoples mouthes, and make sure you’re giving a positive experience with your clients.

• Like 1

Hi

If this is your first time shooting something then be sure to communicate with the family/model so they know what to expect, and can be more patient with you. Y

• Like 1

Hi

You can post a model call on social media, but I haven’t had the best experience with that. I’ve found better luck asking people directly. All you need is a few cheerleader clients, and with good work will come people. I just encourage you to put yourself out there.

• Like 1

Hi

Remember there is a client for every photographer! Find your style, find your confidence, and stick with it. You will find your clients :)

• Like 1

Hi

Thank you! I appreciate you and taking the time to answer my question it really means a lot to me. I followed you on the gram as well. Thanks again Niah.