RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Exploring my back yard after a big snow: Macro is always a visual adventure

pm-r

A week ago, Knoxville got 10" of snow in just about 10 hours.  It was enough to shut down the entire city.  We just don't get that much snow here so there are not the normal ready supply of trucks and plows you might have up North.  Today, I spent just twenty minutes in our back yard and then I returned for the sunset light this afternoon.   These five images were made today from two 20 minute outings from my back door.  Macro photography always creates an adventure where there seemingly isn't one, until you start looking through the lens and seeing anew.  My choice of camera and lens was simple.  I used my silver A7CII paired with the Sony FE70-200mm f/4G II lens.  For a guy who used to shoot 99% sports action, these images were fun to make and so very satisfying.  I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them.  It's important to get out and shoot, even if its just in your back yard!!!!  Peace!

Could contain: Leaf, Plant, Tree, Bud, Flower, Sprout, Outdoors

Could contain: Ice, Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Snow, Icicle, Person

Could contain: Ice, Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Snow, Icicle

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images