RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Share your Favorite Bird Photo Challenge

alpha-stormy

It's time to spread your wings and share some of your work with this community. We have seen that some members have a passion for bird photography and want to hear how you have found your way to creating images of birds. We know bird photography demands patience and perseverance, and we invite you to share your experiences with your favorite bird photographs for our photo challenge.
Every contributor will earn points towards advancing in our community rankings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In the past year, I've developed a newfound passion for bird photography. It was when I purchased my first 600mm lens that I became fascinated by these incredible creatures. I have captured a few photos of them, and here are some of my favourites. The owl is my all-time favourite bird species, and I photographed it last January just outside of Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. Both eagles were photographed during my visit to Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. While capturing these beautiful creatures, I've had my fair share of failures and challenges, given their fast and unpredictable nature. However, I love the thrill of bird photography and the excitement of trying to capture the perfect shot.

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Owl

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Eagle, Bald Eagle, Beak

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Eagle, Beak, Vulture, Hawk

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Eagle, Beak, Vulture, Hawk

• Like 3

As a wildlife photographer specializing in birds I just couldn't resist not to share any of my work here. All done using A7III + 200-600MM. Check my favourites below:

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Outdoors, Nature, Beak, Water

Could contain: Animal, Beak, Bird, Nature, Outdoors, Water

Could contain: Animal, Anseriformes, Bird, Waterfowl, Person, Beak, Duck

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Flying, Vulture, Buzzard, Hawk, Eagle

Could contain: Animal, Beak, Bird, Waterfowl, Goose, Anseriformes, Cormorant

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Stork, Waterfowl, Crane Bird, Beak

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Wren, Anthus

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Partridge, Quail, Beak

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Flying, Buzzard, Hawk, Vulture, Kite Bird

Could contain: Backlighting, Person

Could contain: Animal, Beak, Bird, Finch, Canary

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Waterfowl, Crane Bird, Heron, Egret

Could contain: Flare, Light, Animal, Bird, Beak, Silhouette, Backlighting, Nature, Outdoors

Could contain: Animal, Beak, Bird, Bee Eater, Jay

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Goose, Waterfowl

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Waterfowl, Crane Bird, Egret, Heron

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Goose, Waterfowl, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Crane Bird, Waterfowl

Could contain: Silhouette, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Person, Animal, Bird, Photography, Backlighting

Could contain: Animal, Beak, Bird, Stork, Waterfowl, Outdoors, Sunlight, Nature, Sky

Edited by Wojtsobi
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Titel: Rise

The ascent of a dipper to its hidden nest. It is nice to see how the young birds stretch their necks towards their father. While the young birds in the picture look rather hidden. The male stands out strongly against the black background. The cropping makes the composition look holistic and shows the dipper in its natural habitat.

i appreciate your constructive feedback and am impressed by the many spectacular shots in the community.

kinde regrads

Daniel Brockner

Could contain: Animal, Bird, Flying, Rock, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Vegetation, Anthus

• Like 1