RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Kesha Lambert

alpha-jessica-a

Could contain: Black Hair, Hair, Person, Clothing, Dress, Wedding, Head

Sony Brand Ambassador Kesha Lambert is an international wedding and portrait photographer based in New York. You can check out some of her work on her instagram.

Kesha will be participating in a text based AMA here on the forums on February 16th from 1 to 3pm ET . You can ask questions about wedding and portrait photography, how she got to the level she is at today and any tips and tricks you’d like to know.

We hope to see you there!

We’re excited to have Kesha Lambert in the community for this live AMA. This is a great time to learn and connect with Kesha on her work, ask questions about how she got to the level she is at today and any tips or tricks you’d like to know! Please be patient, as Kesha will be typing responses out as questions come in.

Hi! My name is Kesha Lambert - I am an international wedding and portrait photographer based in New York. My work has appeared on the pages and covers of leading publications including Inside Weddings, Black Bride Magazine, Essence, Brides, The New York Times, People Magazine and The Knot. I am a Sony Brand Ambassador, and I’m so excited to be chatting with the Alpha Universe Community today! I’m looking forward to answering any questions you may have. Let’s do this!
  • Like 2

Hi Kesha! Thank you for coming on today. I wanted to ask about building connections with your clients. How do you establish a connection with your subjects to bring out their authentic selves in front of the camera? How do you make them feel comfortable?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kesha! Thank you for coming on today. I wanted to ask about building connections with your clients. How do you establish a connection with your subjects to bring out their authentic selves in front of the camera? How do you make them feel comfortable?

Hi! Thank you for joining us. I love this question. I believe client connection starts with curiosity and genuine interest in knowing about the people you work with. I ask lots of nosey open ended questions geared towards learning what makes the client light up.

• Like 2

Carve out time for video meet ups or in person connection before we work together and using listening and observation as tools to connect.

That is great advice. I will keep it in mind. Thank you!!!

Can you share with us a bit about your journey into photography? What initially sparked your interest in this field?

Hi! So the story of what led me here is unoriginal. It was a hobby that evolved in to a passion that evolved in to a career. I'm quiet and introverted and observant and my interest started when I was a kid but the career I pursued was law. It never occurred to me that I'd one day become a full time photographer

• Like 1

Can you share with us a bit about your journey into photography? What initially sparked your interest in this field?

It look being downsized out of a job to get me here. It was just the interruption I needed to make this shift

• Like 1

How do you see your photography and business evolving in the next few years?

Hi RoGina, This is such a great question. I see myself branching off in to different areas of focus and subject matter. I will always love photographing people so more projects centered around people and the human experience in my future

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What or who are your main influences in photography?

My work is influenced by the people and places I work with. I'm inspired by personality and relationship dynamics. I also think my love of music and fashion finds it's way in to my work.

• Like 2

What advice would you give to someone who is just starting their journey in photography and aspiring to make it their career?

Oh this is hard one to narrow down. I'd say when it comes to making photography your career prioritize the business of photography over the art of photography. The is not always intuitive for artist.

• Like 1

What advice would you give to someone who is just starting their journey in photography and aspiring to make it their career?

We want to become better artists; so we tend to focus on practicing and learning the things that will make us improve in our art. But if the goal is to make it your career then prioritize business organization and relationship building and everything that falls under those umbrellas

• Like 2

How do you choose locations and environments that complement your subjects and enhance the narrative of the portraits you take?

I typically consult with clients in advance to find out what they plan to wear and offer recommendations along those lines. That information empowers me to recommend locations that fit in terms of concept.

• Thanks 1

How do you choose locations and environments that complement your subjects and enhance the narrative of the portraits you take?

If the location is already chosen some of things I look for are solid color elements like walls and alleys that fit the concept. Failing thatI look for areas that are neutral in color and offer some texture to work with. Concrete, doors, alleys etc

I love working with texture, this is all great advice, thank you!

• Like 1