RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Share Your Favorite Floral Photo Challenge

We had a great AMA with Caroline Jensen recently and so we wanted to focus our next photo challenge on flower photography! We'd love for you to share some of your floral photos and tell us a bit about how you captured them and what, if any challenges you might have encountered while shooting. Each contributor will earn points towards our community ranks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jessica,

This is so cool. I haven't taken many flower photos, and it's not the best season for outdoor plants yet, but I have a few pictures I thought could fit the brief.

I went for a walk at a conservation area over the weekend, and I thought these pictures felt moody. The plants in the first photo are a bit underexposed, but I like the contrast of the darks and lights in the picture.

I definitely feel vulnerable with my composition around landscapes and flowers. I feel like I tend to try to stuff the image and fill the frame with the subject, and I would love to practice nature and floral photography more this year 🙂 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Silhouette, Ice, Plant, Tree, Frost, Flower

Could contain: Bud, Flower, Plant, Sprout, Ice, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Frost, Snow

• Like 2

alpha-jessica-a
This post was recognized by alpha-jessica-a!

"Loving these, thanks so much for sharing!"

Katrina Thompson was awarded 25 points.

Photographing flowers is fascinating. I enjoy capturing the vibrant colors, intricate textures, and blurred backgrounds. Although I haven't photographed many, it's a subject that deeply interests me. Here are a few of my favourite flower images from the past year. 

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Flower, Petal

Could contain: Flower, Petal, Plant, Daisy, Amaryllidaceae, Geranium, Anther

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Petal, Bud, Sprout, Purple, Crocus

Could contain: Flower, Lupin, Plant, Grass, Purple, Lavender, Amaranthaceae

Could contain: Ice, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Bud, Flower, Sprout, Frost, Snow, Smoke Pipe

• Like 1

alpha-jessica-a
This post was recognized by alpha-jessica-a!

"Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing!"

degrees.kaptured was awarded 25 points.

Hi all,

I live into the country in Texas. Spring time is flower heaven here. I tend to capture lots of flowers just because they are some of the best things to photograph on my property. The challenge for me is capturing a flower so that it's not just another flower picture. I want it to be interesting. 

Hope you all enjoy these!

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Rose, Cactus

Could contain: Purple, Herbal, Herbs, Plant, Flower, Geranium, Iris, Petal, Daisy, Vegetation

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Rose, Petal

Could contain: Daisy, Flower, Plant, Petal, Dahlia, Anther, Pollen, Anemone

Could contain: Flower, Geranium, Plant, Purple, Petal, Anemone

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Allium

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 8:39 AM, Katrina Thompson said:

Photographing flowers is fascinating. I enjoy capturing the vibrant colors, intricate textures, and blurred backgrounds. Although I haven't photographed many, it's a subject that deeply interests me. Here are a few of my favourite flower images from the past year. 

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Flower, Petal

Could contain: Flower, Petal, Plant, Daisy, Amaryllidaceae, Geranium, Anther

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Petal, Bud, Sprout, Purple, Crocus

Could contain: Flower, Lupin, Plant, Grass, Purple, Lavender, Amaranthaceae

Could contain: Ice, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Bud, Flower, Sprout, Frost, Snow, Smoke Pipe

These are beautiful! 

On 4/9/2024 at 3:26 PM, degrees.kaptured said:

Hi all,

I live into the country in Texas. Spring time is flower heaven here. I tend to capture lots of flowers just because they are some of the best things to photograph on my property. The challenge for me is capturing a flower so that it's not just another flower picture. I want it to be interesting. 

Hope you all enjoy these!

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Rose, Cactus

Could contain: Purple, Herbal, Herbs, Plant, Flower, Geranium, Iris, Petal, Daisy, Vegetation

Could contain: Daisy, Flower, Plant, Petal, Dahlia, Anther, Pollen, Anemone

Could contain: Flower, Geranium, Plant, Purple, Petal, Anemone

Could contain: Flower, Plant, Allium

I adore that you get out and photograph things growing on your property! I do too!