RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Autumn Schrock + Nate Luebbe

Could you elaborate on your shooting process while using an equatorial mount? i.e. using guiding software or manually adjusting your setting as it progresses?

Hi, Holly! Great question. Luckily the tracker that we use has a solar tracking function. I polar align the tracker the night before and leave it set. Then all I have to do the day of is place the camera+lens on, balance it, and use the remote control to set the tracker to move with the sun's position.

• Thanks 1

Could you elaborate on your shooting process while using an equatorial mount? i.e. using guiding software or manually adjusting your setting as it progresses?

For reference, we use the Sky-Watcher HEQ5 tracker

• Like 2

Oh, and then for settings, adjusting as it progresses as needed. Will need to remove the solar filter during totality as well!

• Thanks 1

Awesome! I had saw during your stories for the annular eclipse that you guys picked up an EQ mount and started playing with my azimuth mount crossing my fingers that it would work. Then my spouse surprised me with an EQ for this eclipse! Crossing my fingers for clear weather now!

• Like 2

That's amazing!! What a great gift. Crossing my fingers for clear weather for all of us!