RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Autumn Schrock + Nate Luebbe

Hello Autumn and Nate, love both of your work and thanks for doing this AMA. I've never photographed a solar eclipse before. How do you plan for an event like this - do you pick a location in the path, based on the landscapes, weather?

Hello Autumn and Nate, love both of your work and thanks for doing this AMA. I've never photographed a solar eclipse before. How do you plan for an event like this - do you pick a location in the path, based on the landscapes, weather?

Aww, thanks for the kind words! We unfortunately only have 3 days in between projects for the eclipse, so we chose our location based on proximity to home and made sure it was in the longest part of totality to maximize our chances of capturing it!

• Like 1

We looked for a more remote location, partly to avoid crowds and partly to have more of an opportunity to include a wider landscape in the shot too. We'll be in Texas, so hopefully weather will cooperate! Weather is definitely the most difficult thing to predict when hoping to photograph an eclipse

• Like 1

Hi Karthz!

• Like 1