RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Autumn Schrock + Nate Luebbe

My partner and I will be in a national park near Mazatlan and want to get a zoomed shot of the eclipse with some foreground (e.g. between rock formations). Obviously this requires knowing exactly where the sun will be in the sky relative to our position. Any recommendations for app/sites to help plan that?

My partner and I will be in a national park near Mazatlan and want to get a zoomed shot of the eclipse with some foreground (e.g. between rock formations). Obviously this requires knowing exactly where the sun will be in the sky relative to our position. Any recommendations for app/sites to help plan that?

Oh that shot sounds AWESOME! My favorite app for that is called PhotoPills. It costs a bit of money (I think $20) but it's worth every penny.

Ok cool, we've used Stellarium before for astro planning, does PhotoPills have more features?

I haven't used Stellarium, but PhotoPills has every feature I could ever imagine and then several more!