RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Autumn Schrock + Nate Luebbe

if you could go to the moon (on someone else's dime) and photograph, I guess it would have to be a lunar eclipse (earth blocking sun) would you? *sorry, now I'm really reaching

NOW we're talking!! But yeah i guess if you were on the moon it would still be a solar eclipse but with the earth doing the blocking.

• Like 1

if you could go to the moon (on someone else's dime) and photograph, I guess it would have to be a lunar eclipse (earth blocking sun) would you? *sorry, now I'm really reaching

It is a pretty fortunate coincidence that from our perspective here on Earth that the lunar disc and solar disc are approximately the same size, so much so that we get to see solar eclipses. That's a very lucky coincidence that does NOT happen on every planet.

• Like 1

Earth is just shy of 4x the diameter of the moon, so there's a chance an eclipse viewed from the moon would just be pure blackness.

• Like 1

I WILL WALK ON THE MOON ONE DAY

• Like 2

Oh I just realized also I never answered the question. Yes I would go to the moon in a heartbeat, this afternoon, without even saying goodbye to anyone, if the opportunity arose.