RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Autumn Schrock + Nate Luebbe

I'm fairly new to photography....I own an a7IV and use a 200-600 to shoot the moon....Could you explain/share what settings are best to shoot the moon with? And for a lunar eclipse?

That's a great gear setup for shooting the moon! Settings-wise, it definitely depends on the phase of the moon and whether or not it's an environmental shot, meaning there's a landscape included, or just a silhouette of the moon...

I'm fairly new to photography....I own an a7IV and use a 200-600 to shoot the moon....Could you explain/share what settings are best to shoot the moon with? And for a lunar eclipse?

... I personally will usually stop down one or two stops to make sure the moon is extra sharp, use a shutter speed that is at least 1/250s (as the moon moves quite quickly), and as low of an ISO as I can.

• Like 1

I just recorded a moon photography video in the Tetons not too long ago! It may help to give you some additional guidance 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you so much Autumn!!!

Of course! Happy to help!

• Like 2