RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Autumn Schrock + Nate Luebbe

Question from socials: How do you balance experiencing a place firsthand with capturing it through your lens?

I love this question. I typically feel a range of emotions when I drive up to a place, depending on why I'm at said location. Excitement, pure awe, stress (if it's a client shoot), pressure to create something great. But then once I'm out there in nature, it all kind of melts into happiness. It makes me..

• Like 1

Question from socials: How do you balance experiencing a place firsthand with capturing it through your lens?

..realize why I love what I do and how important it is to take in a place with my body, my eyes as well as my viewfinder. We live on the most magnificent planet, and in the age of "content creation" it can be difficult to truly appreciate what we have on Earth. I've gotten to a place where I shoot a little...

... and then I make sure to put my camera down and fully take in the environment. This also helps me to see things that I may have missed while initially shooting as well!

For me, my camera is part of experiencing a place. I genuinely love photography, and figuring out how to frame and capture a scene is one of the things that makes me happiest. I don't stress about "seeing it with my eyes" vs through the viewfinder because I'm living my life to the fullest regardless.

• Like 2