RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Autumn Schrock + Nate Luebbe

How do you balance post's on social media? I always get caught in the idea of "Bangers only" But I feel like that hasn't worked for me. And if you have any tips on getting your work seen?

How do you balance post's on social media? I always get caught in the idea of "Bangers only" But I feel like that hasn't worked for me. And if you have any tips on getting your work seen?

I'm still in the mode of "Bangers only" for Instagram at least. I want to share my best work there and I don't want to succumb to the dumb trend of low-effort iphone videos for engagement. I am a photographer/videographer so I want to share the highest quality work I possibly can.

• Like 1

Other platforms are a better fit for more informal posting styles, but I still try to center my online-identity around my work as an artist.

Truthfully, I'm not great at balancing social media posts. I love sharing my work and making friends online, but as an introvert, I get burned out from social interactions really quickly. I'm trying to be better about posting regularly on all of the platforms, but I agree with Nate.

I also share "bangers only" for the most part on all of my platforms, but I do like how Threads and Twitter allow for a more conversational interaction rather than just images being the focus. As far as tips for getting your work seen, that's mostly why I follow the "bangers only" approach. I want to...

... put my best work out there for the next person who stumbles upon my account.

• Like 1

So aside from social media what's another best practice for sharing work?

Going to networking events (like Imaging USA, Outdoor Retailer, or WPPI depending on what you shoot), going to photography lectures and meeting with people there, joining photography workshops and meeting other photographers, posting in Facebook groups (so not just your own socials), etc.

• Like 1

It's tough to get your art out there with the amount of work that's constantly thrown at us these days, but consistency is your friend. Good luck!

Thanks Autumn!