RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Cristina Mittermeier

I see that with your new book, some proceeds will go to support the people featured in the book. How does this work? I also love the fact that supporters of the crowdfunding project, will have their names listed in the book. I love the sense of collaboration and unity to creates. We are all a part of it.

I see that with your new book, some proceeds will go to support the people featured in the book. How does this work? I also love the fact that supporters of the crowdfunding project, will have their names listed in the book. I love the sense of collaboration and unity to creates. We are all a part of it.

Yes! This is an awesome question. Thanks for asking it. Many of the places I travel to are remote and, oftentimes, extremely isolated. Communities living on the edge of biodiversity are already suffering the effects of climate and extinction

Quite often there are no NGOs or government institutions to channel help through, BUT I feel very strongly about giving back, so I find creative ways to make sure something goes back to the communities. I work with other visitors, your operators, etc

• Like 1

I have even leaned on the drivers that have taken me places to send things back. I was recently in the Omo Valley, and the level of need is massive. I am sending money with a friend of mine from Mexico who is traveling there as a tourist. She will buy supplies and take give them to the women

I don't like just handling money because it is often misused, but women are eager to help their own community, the children, the less fortunate. Sometimes just soap or pencils, or reading glasses make a huge difference.