RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Cristina Mittermeier

When did you know conservation photography was your calling, and how did you get started with making an impact?

Almost from the beginning. I recognized that photography, for photography's sake, was not going to be enough for me. I did not know it was going to become a lifelong pursuit and such an important part of my life but it truly has grounded my work and my reason for living.

When did you know conservation photography was your calling, and how did you get started with making an impact?

Being good at photography is easier than doing meaningful photography; creating actual change is super hard and cannot be achieved alone. It requires an ability to build community, create relationships and work with others.

At the end of the day, I am really proud to know so many photographers out there are doing conservation photography, becoming part of an army of storytellers for our planet.