RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Cristina Mittermeier

Hello Cristina. You're such an inspiration, let me tell you that first. Now, I've been in Turin for the last months and I just saw that they're doing a photographic exhibition of your work and I was really happy to see that, planning to go with my wife and daughter. Now, I'd like to know, how do you manage the fear, anxiety and curiosity when working in these enviroments you usually work? As an astrophotographer, I sometimes get those feeling when I'm along in the mountains.

Hello Cristina. You're such an inspiration, let me tell you that first. Now, I've been in Turin for the last months and I just saw that they're doing a photographic exhibition of your work and I was really happy to see that, planning to go with my wife and daughter. Now, I'd like to know, how do you manage the fear, anxiety and curiosity when working in these enviroments you usually work? As an astrophotographer, I sometimes get those feeling when I'm along in the mountains.

What a great question. Yes! I was honored by Galeria D'Italia with a solo exhibition in their new museum in Torino. I feel like this is an important space for photography as it is dedicated to elevating photography as an art form. I hope many other photographers will be able to show their work there!!

• Like 1

As to fear, I absolutely feel scared sometimes. Entering the ocean in remote places, where the currents are big, there is no support around, and diving in places that have never been explored before can be really frightening.

• Like 1

I have made peace with the idea, that at almost 60, I am entering the last part of my life, and if I die in my work, I would be okay with that. I have had such a full life and I am so lucky to have a career that gives me so much.

• Like 1

The only thing that would scare me would be to have a boring death OR a life lived without purpose or meaning. being afraid is a good thing,...it pushes us to pay attention, to be present, to recognize how small and vulnerable we are. it teaches us humility and mindfulness.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid of your own fear...use it to elevate your art!

• Like 1