RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Katie Steckly

How do you approach collaboration and partnerships with brands or other creators?

Brand deals are a major revenue stream for me - so I feel like I've got a pretty good system down. My brand partnerships all started for one-off opportunities. In almost all cases, it was from brands reaching out to me, because they had seen my content and seen a good fit with my audience and their product

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do you approach collaboration and partnerships with brands or other creators?

So, they reach out to me and ask to do a YouTube integration for example. So, we would do one video together, and after seeing that was a success either they would suggest (or sometimes I would pitch to them) to follow it up with a multi-month contract. Usually it's one video per month for 3 months.

It works well for both of us because it's a reliable partnership for me, but it's also a reliable creator / campaign for them! Plus it offers more exposure and brand awareness over time. It's important to me that I do these contracts with brands I truly use and love - and it also makes it easy for me!

In terms of collaborations with other creators, that's something I haven't done a ton of (but would love to do more) For me, this has usually been podcast interviews. This can be a great way to get to know another creator, feature them to your audience, and generate high quality content!

Either way, with any type of collaboration it's important that it stems from a genuine relationship, and a value exchange. It doesn't mean you need to have the exact same number of followers as another creator - but it does mean that both parties get value out of collaborating with one another :)