RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Katie Steckly

When you’re traveling, how do you balance creating content with enjoying where you are and taking time for yourself?

This is a great question - because it can be a hard balance. For me, I try to think about creating travel content as discrete, individual projects - and therefore not pressure myself to be constantly filming or taking photos. For example, when I went to Europe a while back - I planned out what I...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you’re traveling, how do you balance creating content with enjoying where you are and taking time for yourself?

wanted to capture in advance, based on my itinerary. And then, I followed though on that plan, and stopped filming when I didn't need to. That way I captured what I wanted to, but also had some time to myself. I think it's all about setting expectations with yourself!

That being said, I really feel like capturing and documenting my travels is a part of how I appreciate being in a new location. Seeing it through my camera, thinking about creative ways to represent the place visually - that's really fun for me, so it doesn't feel like it takes away from my experience :)