RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

LIVE AMA with Hannah Mather

Are there any particular challenges or ethical considerations you face when photographing pollinators, and how do you address them?

That's a great question! The main ethical consideration I take into account is the fact that while honeybees are very important to agriculture, they are not native to my area. I try to address this by being as factual as possible and by using honey bees as a gateway to discussing other native bees and

• Like 1

Are there any particular challenges or ethical considerations you face when photographing pollinators, and how do you address them?

insects that need our assistance. Habitat restoration is extremely important to me, so I always try to tie things back to tangible ways we can help.

Thanks for sharing!

I had no idea they weren't native!

Yes many people don't realize! They still are very important, our agricultural system relies on them heavily for pollination of fruits and vegetables. Thankfully, the things that help to support honey bees such as less pesticide use and habitat restoration also help the native species!

• Like 1