RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Sony A1 camera battery drain after firmware update to 2.01

TTW

I just updated my A1 firmware to 2.01 and found very serious battery drain. Even using fully charge battery, the life quickly went down below 40% while I was reinstating my custom keys and custom shoot settings. I did not even take any shoot and the battery drained so much. Anyone also have this problem and any suggestion to resolve this problem? I tried both old and new batteries but same problem persist , which was not a problem before the firmware update.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2024 at 3:35 AM, TTW said:

I just updated my A1 firmware to 2.01 and found very serious battery drain. Even using fully charge battery, the life quickly went down below 40% while I was reinstating my custom keys and custom shoot settings. I did not even take any shoot and the battery drained so much. Anyone also have this problem and any suggestion to resolve this problem? I tried both old and new batteries but same problem persist , which was not a problem before the firmware update.

I have experienced the same issues:

•    Terrible battery life
    •    Frequent freezing
    •    Slow to wake up
    •    Creator app doesn’t work

I don’t think Sony will fix these issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

I shot my first baseball game since updating to 2.01 yesterday and battery life was as expected. I burned through a single battery on my long lens and 50% on my short lens. This is about what I have experienced with the A1 all along.

I updated to version 2.01 and a couple of days ago to version 2.02. I've shot a couple of thousand photos since then. No issues.

Checkout firmware version 2.02 (June 12, 2024)
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-1-series/ilce-1/software/00343092

Benefits and Improvements

• Fixes an issue where the camera might not work properly when using the SEL200600G lens
  • Improves the operational stability of the camera