RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Sony A1 camera battery drain after firmware update to 2.01

TTW

I just updated my A1 firmware to 2.01 and found very serious battery drain. Even using fully charge battery, the life quickly went down below 40% while I was reinstating my custom keys and custom shoot settings. I did not even take any shoot and the battery drained so much. Anyone also have this problem and any suggestion to resolve this problem? I tried both old and new batteries but same problem persist , which was not a problem before the firmware update.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2024 at 3:35 AM, TTW said:

I just updated my A1 firmware to 2.01 and found very serious battery drain. Even using fully charge battery, the life quickly went down below 40% while I was reinstating my custom keys and custom shoot settings. I did not even take any shoot and the battery drained so much. Anyone also have this problem and any suggestion to resolve this problem? I tried both old and new batteries but same problem persist , which was not a problem before the firmware update.

I have experienced the same issues:

•    Terrible battery life
    •    Frequent freezing
    •    Slow to wake up
    •    Creator app doesn’t work

I don’t think Sony will fix these issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

I shot my first baseball game since updating to 2.01 yesterday and battery life was as expected. I burned through a single battery on my long lens and 50% on my short lens. This is about what I have experienced with the A1 all along.

I updated to version 2.01 and a couple of days ago to version 2.02. I've shot a couple of thousand photos since then. No issues.

Checkout firmware version 2.02 (June 12, 2024)
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-1-series/ilce-1/software/00343092

Benefits and Improvements

• Fixes an issue where the camera might not work properly when using the SEL200600G lens
  • Improves the operational stability of the camera

• 4 weeks later...

I had the battery drain issue.

The following proceedure was recommended on AlphaShooters.com and solved the issue.

Turn the camera off and remove the battery.
Let the camera sit powered off and untouched for one minute.
Turn the camera to the on position without the battery inserted and hold the shutter down for 30 seconds.
Turn the camera to the off position.
Reinsert the battery and power the camera on.

Hope this helps.