RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

White Balance Hell... help

BHIP71

So today I accidentally shot indoor volleyball (typical gym lights) with my A1 in "Underwater Auto" white balance (Raw Large compressed). Looking at the images in LRC and it feels impossible to correct. Not as simple as working the sliders like you would if you shot in any other mode and wanted to change it in post. Is there anyway to correct this? I don't see any way in Lightroom Classic, but I'd be happy to import them anywhere else first that would help.SA103370.ARW

As you can see from the photo, even similar lights on the ceiling are not consistent. I assume this has something to do with the auto wb setting. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made a quick run in Lightroom. The closest I got was a temperature of 3850 and a tint of -15.

The lights are beyond friendly, and I would suggest a black and white conversion, which looks really nice by the way.

I just gave it a shot in Capture One, starting with the eye dropper on the top white part of the volleyball, I was at 3992K and -9.4 on the tint. Because you were in RAW, the in camera WB shouldn't really matter. It looks to me like some very inconsistent lights in the gym, plus the blue fill from the mat on the floor really make it tough. I like the suggestion @LensBrew had to make it B&W