RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Travel Photos Challenge

For our next photo challenge we'd love to see some of your favorite travel photos! Whether it's a bustling city street, the intricate details of traditional architecture, a serene mountain vista, or a quaint village square, let your photo tell the story of what makes that destination unique. We'd love to know how you went about capturing your image. Each contributor will earn points towards our community ranks!

• Like 1

This is the ghost town cemetery of Terlingua, Texas which is just outside Big Bend National Park. It's a small cemetery that is still visited and attended to by locals who put out ofrendas and candles. The cemetery has many small grave sites that makes finding an uncluttered composition a little challenging. I found these two crosses interesting and had to sit on the ground to get this composition. 

Gear - Sonya7riii and Sony 16-35 GM

Foreground (focus stacked shot at blue hour) 16mm, F8, 30 sec, ISO 100

Sky - 16mm, F2.8, 10 sec, ISO 6400

Could contain: Cross, Symbol, Nature, Night, Outdoors, Rock, Starry Sky, Sky, Candle, Graveyard

• Like 4

I took this shot from Brooklyn Bridge in one of my one-day long travels to New York. I walked from east to west knowing I could catch the sun at some point behind the towers. You can take sunrise photos if you arrive at the bridge in time but my flight arrived after sunrise. Brooklyn Bridge is a pleasant walk before it gets too crowded. 

Could contain: Person, Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, Landmark

• Like 4

Capturing the beauty of a mountain lake in Switzerland under the Milky Way was an unforgettable experience. As the sun set and darkness enveloped the landscape, the stars began to emerge, revealing the breathtaking expanse of the Milky Way. It is easy to find dark places in Switzerland and therefore a good destination for astrophotography. 
Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Scenery, Landscape, Sky, Lake, Starry Sky, Mountain, Panoramic

• Like 4

One stunning night in Nova Scotia, Canada, I captured a moment between my husband and son as they gazed in awe at the Milky Way for the first time together. Our adventure included camping under the vast sky and waking up in the silence of the night to witness the stars in all their glory at a dark skies community.

Could contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Starry Sky, Person, Astronomy, Nebula, Outer Space, Silhouette, Sky

• Like 5

I have, like all, tons of images from different trips... but one I remember quite fondly is one I did in the middle of december to the mountains to cover the Geminid meteor shower last year.
I spent the entire night there with temperatures below 15c, or 5f.
You can see me here preparing some specialty coffee, before doing a 360 panorama and timelapses all night.
Truly, a beautiful night.

Could contain: Camping, Outdoors, Tent, Architecture, Building, Shelter, Nature, Night, Person, Mountain Tent

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have not done a lot of traveling. And unfortunately photos from a road trip years ago got lost. But I'll share a photo from a trip to San Antonio, TX.  

These guys were performing very near the Alamo. It was a busy area. Using my a7iv with the Sigma 30mm 1.4 I captured this shot. I like the layers of activity it has. 

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Shoe, Female, Woman, People, Wheel, Jacket

• Like 2

One of the things I loved about Cuba is how much musical talent there is. Everywhere you visit, you can see musicians practicing their craft. In this photo, the man playing the trumpet was walking by and saw a band playing on the steps of an old building. He stopped to give pointers to a fellow trumpeter. It is often said that, "Music is a language that connects people no matter their origin." I am grateful I got to witness and capture this interaction in person.

Could contain: City, Street, Pants, Sandal, Jeans, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Shoe

• Like 1