RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Problems Tethering A7RIV with Capture One and Lightroom Classic

I'm having problems tethering my A7R4 with Capture One and Lightroom Classic and would appreciate any advice.  Basically, my camera is not being recognized when I try to tether to either of these programs.  However, my camera tethers perfectly with Sony Imaging Edge Desktop Remote.  I am using a brand new Tether Tools USB-C to USB-C tether.  Dell XPS 15 computer running Windows 10 Pro.  I have also tried using an Anker USB-C tether and different ports on my computer (again everything works perfectly with Sony Imaging Edge Desktop Remote).  Moreover, my A7R4 tethers perfectly with Capture One wirelessly.  Is this a known problem?  Are there any special settings, drivers, etc. on my camera, computer, or C1 or LrC software that I need to take into consideration?  Really appreciate any advice you are able to provide! 

"SOLUTION" UPDATE:

Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations. What I had to do about a month ago to "fix" the problem was:

1.  Completely uninstall Sony Imaging Edge Software and all of its components from my computer.

2.  Go to "Device Manager" then "View" then click "Show Hidden Devices"

3.  This then displays "libusbK Usb Devices" in the left column with all of the other devices.

4.  Select this "lilbusbK Device" then “Sony Remote Control Camera” then "Uninstall" this device.

5.  Instantly after doing this, tethering my Sony A7R4 in Capture One and Lightroom Classic worked perfectly.

But now, as someone using Sony devices professionally, I no longer have access to Sony Imaging Edge and its dedicated functionality for my Sony cameras.

Edited by photographer787
"Solution" Update

• photographer787 changed the title to Problems Tethering A7RIV with Capture One and Lightroom Classic
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe its a driver issue, the Sony Imaging Edge driver is different then the Capture One driver. So I believe you will need to go into your device manager and drivers and switch between the two. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations. What I had to do about a month ago to "fix" the problem was:

1.  Completely uninstall Sony Imaging Edge Software and all of its components from my computer.

2.  Go to "Device Manager" then "View" then click "Show Hidden Devices"

3.  This then displays "libusbK Usb Devices" in the left column with all of the other devices.

4.  Select this "lilbusbK Device" then “Sony Remote Control Camera” then "Uninstall" this device.

5.  Instantly after doing this, tethering my Sony A7R4 in Capture One and Lightroom Classic worked perfectly.

But now, as someone using Sony devices professionally, I no longer have access to Sony Imaging Edge and its dedicated functionality for my Sony cameras.