RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Use of Color Photo Challenge

Whether it's vibrant contrasting colors, monochrome magic, color harmonies or a daring splash of color, we'd love to see how you incorporate color into your photography! Share some of your favorite work and let us know how you created it.

Each contributor will earn points towards our community ranks!

• Like 2

In the example below, I was shooting an AHL game. For the unedited photo, I was shooting from behind the safety rink glass which causes a dull color. During my editing process, I dehazed and tweaked the saturation and exposure to bring back the vibrant colors of the players' uniforms. 

Camera: Sony a1
Lens: 70-200mm f2.8
ISO-3200
Shutter: 1/3200

DSC09629-Justin Niu-Unedited.jpg

Could contain: People, Person, Adult, Female, Woman, Helmet, Playing American Football, Sport, Face, Head

• Like 1

1. Amusement rides long exposure, F2, 3.2 sec, ISO 100. The ride lights at night make some fun and interesting patterns.

2. Beach - I thought the color contrast between the cool sky and warm beach/building would be fun. F2.8, 15 seconds ISO 3200.

3. A freak snow storm in Big Bend NP covered the trees and vegetation in snow and ice and made some interesting color/texture contrast F9, 1/640 sec, ISO 640

Could contain: Amusement Park, Ferris Wheel, Fun, Machine, WheelCould contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Architecture, Building, Shelter, Bunker, Starry Sky, SceneryCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Frost, Snow, Rock, Plant, Vegetation, Soil

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined forums and happy to add to this photo challenge! I decided to go with monochrome magic because sometimes that just adds and extra push to an image.  These Coastal Brown Bear photos were taken in Lake Clark National Park on the beach as they were hunting for clams.

Sony A1 with 300mm lens

Could contain: Animal, Bear, Mammal, Wildlife, Brown Bear

Could contain: Animal, Bear, Mammal, Wildlife, Brown Bear

Edited by teridash
correct listing

• 2 weeks later...