RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

a7Rv Deleting Images from Two Cards

Bytor

Hi,

This is my first post to the Sony Alpha Universe Community. I hope I get it right. I am hoping that someone can help with this question. Are there Sony moderators that look in on the Community?

Anyway, I shoot with an a7Rv. I typically shoot writing to two cards at once. I write uncompressed Raw to slot #1 (a CF Express) and 26mg Jpg to slot #2 (an SD card). I like to cull some images on the camera itself but I've noticed that images I thought I deleted from both cards really only are deleted on slot #1. Is this the correct behavior or is there a setting control this?

Off subject, is there a place to report bugs or suggested software changes? I am a retired software developer and I'm constantly seeing things to report.

Thanks!

Andy 

Hi Andy,

I am also a relative newbie to this Sony Community. However, I have posted for years on another Sony community at https://us.community.sony.com/s/?language=en_US. I don't know if the two communicate or not. I'm a long time A-mount user; Minolta film cameras HTSI+, Maxxum 9, Konica-Minolta 7D, Sony A700, A77, A77M2, A99, A99M2.

I recently, I mean like on September 16th, purchased my first mirrorless camera, a 7RM5. I have high hopes it will be as awesome as all my A-mount cameras. 🤞🏾

Anyway, I too shoot with two SD cards and simultaneously write raw to both cards. I have viewing set to slot 2 and I too like to cull some from the camera. Just like you I noticed culling from from card 2 did not delete the matching image from card 1 and vice-versa. I really don't know why I thought it would. An old salty dog like me should know better.

If there is a Sony moderator lurking on this forum, is there a setting on this marvelously customizable camera to delete images written simultaneously to card slot 1 and 2 simultaneously?

This camera is so far super awesome. The AF is spot on! I have it set with disable AF with Shutter and AF-ON button set to AF-ON/Tracking-On. I discovered that capability quite by accident.

Only issue I foresee is my having the brain power to understand the capabilities and remember the customization I apply. Before I pulled the trigger and purchased I had a loaner through Sony Pro Imaging Support Program membership.

Edited by gegjrphoto
Typos, grammatical correction
  • Like 1