RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Forum Takeover with Brooke Shaden

alpha-jessica-a

Could contain: Photography, Person, Portrait, Animal, Bird, Art, Fashion, Plant, Tree, Outdoors

Brooke Shaden (@BrookeShaden) is a portrait artist, educator, speaker, and Sony Artisan. She photographs herself and becomes the characters of dreams inspired by a childhood of intense imagination and fear. Being the creator and the actor, Brooke controls her darkness and confronts those fears.  

It’s our pleasure to announce that Brooke will be participating in a text based Forum Takeover from October 7th to October 11th!

If you’d like to ask a question, post it in this thread and Brooke will answer it during her takeover. 

You’ll have a week to chat with and learn from Brooke. The takeover will also be saved and available to view after the week ends! 

I'm really looking forward to my takeover! I'm obsessed lately with more meaningful connections and can't wait to answer questions, mentor, get inspired by others, hopefully inspire, and just generally immerse myself in this amazing community. I'm here for anything and everything so let's have an amazing week together!

• Like 2

alpha-jessica-a
This post was recognized by alpha-jessica-a!

"Great questions Penny!"

Penn Fraser was awarded 10 points.

Hi Brooke, I have a few questions, please feel free to pick the best one to answer 🙂 

What advice would you give to aspiring photographers and artists who want to stand out in the fine art industry?

How did you first find success in selling your fine art photography, and what strategies helped you the most?

How do you connect emotionally with your audience through your work, and what reactions from viewers have had the most impact on you? 

What advice would you give a fine art photographer or artist to help them create art that evokes deep emotion and connection within their community?

Thank you so much for sharing your insights with us! I love your work and your education style. I am so grateful to have this opportunity to ask you some questions!

Thank you so much,

Penny Fraser

• Like 1

Purely hypothetical question for me, but good to plan ahead! In your master class, you talked about how to price your work. Now, what if you’re selling your work on your website for a certain price and then get picked up by a gallery, in which case you would increase your price. Do you then change your online pricing so that you’re not undercutting the gallery?

• Like 1

Hi Creators! For those who may not be familiar with my work, workflow, and business, here are some topics that would be great to ask about if you've ever had questions/curiosities around them:

• Ideation/Conceptualization of images with deeper meanings
    • Planning/Storyboarding ideas
    • Symbolism in art
    • Creating works that connect emotionally
  • Photoshop
    • Compositing
    • Color grading
    • Creating painterly images
  • Fine Art Business
    • Working with galleries
    • Licensing your work
    • Limited edition prints
    • Marketing and branding
    • Artist statements
    • Proposals and pitches
    • Working with brands
    • Diversification of income
    • Commissioned shoots
    • Pricing of prints, licensing, commissions
    • Hosting events (small to large)
    • Building a CV
    • Submitting to contests/magazines
  • Self-portraiture
  • Nonprofit work with photography
  • Creating through grief
  • Writing
    • Fiction (I write novels) & story structure
    • Artist Statements
    • Social Media
  • Community building
  • Time Management

And some fun things!

• Reading - ask me about book recs! I'm a fantasy nerd.
  • Travel - I've been to 22 countries so far.
  • Tea - just, someone please talk to me about tea.
  • Star Trek and Doctor Who

HUGS!
Brooke

brooke_shaden.jpg

Could contain: Art, Painting, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Baby, Person, Photography, Bathing, Face, Head

Could contain: Person, Skin, Tattoo, Body Part, Stomach

Edited by Brooke Shaden
To remove images