RETURN to AlphaUniverse.com
Welcome To Our Community!

Discuss, share & explore photography, video, vlogging and making the most of your gear.

Making that push for a photo-centered Instagram

asirois

Hi everyone!

I've been photographing for some time now, and I really started creating images I liked about 3 years ago with my a6300. I would post a select few to my private Instagram, and most of them to my VSCO. I've been meaning to start a photo-centered Instagram to really see what I could do posting what I believed to be some of my better photos along with new ones I'll be taking. I've accumulated quite a few that I would share, but I continue to be held up for some reason. I don't know if I am just in my head, too perfectionist, or if I believe these older pictures are too dated to be posted now. I'm not really sure. I was wondering if anyone else had these feelings about their older work that hasn't seen been shared, or has any inspiration as to how I can go about posting these older photos/taking that leap and just making the page! Thanks!

• Like 1

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly,, just post them. There is no rule or belief that older images lose their beauty. I have some images that I shot in japan in 2013 that I posted in 2021. I take pride in what I have achieved with little knowledge of photography at that time. Of course some shots are very lucky, nonetheless, It was I who decided that it will be a nice image to capture.

Don't let those feelings stop you. Post your images and celebrate your work from all chapters of your photography journey.

• Like 1

Hi, I can totally understand your feelings and thoughts regarding "older" photos. I think you should post every photo that you are content about. Older photos can work as inspiration for your self. Be proud, there's only ONE you! 🤗 Have a good one!

• Like 1

As others said. Just share them. 

First, it sounds like you want to. 

Also, keep in mind nobody reads. So even if you post that it’s an older photo, nobody will know. People just don’t read the caption, etc… So they’ll never know when it was shot. 

• Like 1